European Friends of Armenia was established in 2009. Based in Brussels and in Yerevan, EuFoA is registered as an international, non-profit organisation under Belgian law. It is one of the first Foreign Affairs NGOs registered in the EU’s voluntary Transparency Register and committed to its Code of Conduct (reg. number 71696536357-87). As such, EuFoA supports the work of the European Parliament in various working committees and subcommittees.
Europe-Armenia Advisory Council
In June 2009, EuFoA created the Europe-Armenia Advisory Council. The Council is a unique body to promote relations between Europe and Armenia from the European side. Composed of leading European representatives from the political, business and cultural spheres from across Europe, it provides guidance on all major issues in these areas.
Through the creation of the Council, EuFoA seeks to make use of the knowledge and experience of the Council members in order to promote mutual understanding and knowledge between Armenia and Europe.
The Council also advises EuFoA on its long term policies and is an integral part of its wider network.
The Council has already made its voice heard with public communication concerning Armenia’s foreign policy questions and internal political matters.
- The Council awarded Baroness Caroline Cox as first recipient of The Charles Aznavour Prize for Outstanding Achievements in Fostering Europe-Armenian Friendship (25 November 2013): The Charles Aznavour Prize for Outstanding Achievements in Fostering Europe-Armenian Friendship
- Call for free and fair presidential elections by the Europe-Armenia Advisory Council (15 February 2013)
- A choice for Armenia: Statement of the Europe-Armenia Advisory Council on Armenia’s Parliamentary Elections on 6 May 2012
- Շնորհավոր Հայաստան!: Statement of the Europe-Armenia Advisory Council on Armenia’s Independence Day (21 September 2011)
- Europe-Armenia Advisory Council Open Letter to the EU in reaction to Turkish attempts to obstruct the ratification of the Zurich Protocols (10 February 2010)
Europe-Armenia Economic Council
EuFoA created the Europe-Armenia Economic Advisory Council. This Council is composed of leading representatives from the business community across Europe, the Council is a unique body to focus on European-Armenian economic affairs and does not take any political views.
Through this Council, EuFoA seeks to make use of the knowledge and experience of the Council members to pursue its goals. The Council advise EuFoA on all economic and business-related issues and is an integral part of its wider network.
Subscribe to our news roundup to get news on your email.